Who we are:
We are a network of doctors, nurses, counselors, outreach workers and health educators in Maine that works together to provide healthcare to migrant and seasonal farmworkers and their families.
We are not a government agency.
What we do:
- Offer clinics at farmworker camps and housing
- Provide access to primary care, specialty care, and mental health services
- Help make medical appointments
- Provide transportation to medical appointments when available
- Help with cost of medical visits and prescriptions
- Offer interpretation
- Provide health education
- Help you sign up for health insurance
How you can contact us:
Our office number is 1 (888) 351- 9634
If you need URGENT medical attention, call 9-1-1
If you are having an EMOTIONAL CRISIS and need urgent attention, call 1-888-568-1112
Who is eligible?
You qualify for our program if you or a member of your family are currently employed in farmwork or if your or your family’s income in the last 24 months has been mostly from farmwork.
Examples of farmwork may be:
- Planting or picking vegetables or fruit
- Planting trees
- Working in a processing factory or with farm equipment
- Working on a dairy or egg farm
MMHP has a sliding fee scale. Based on your income and family size, you may be responsible for a portion of the fees for your visit.
Minimum fees for your visit are listed below.
- $5.00 for a medical appointment
- $20.00 for a dental appointment
- $5.00 for prescriptions
MMHP can not deny you care for inability to pay.
Program registration required yearly.